Providing a warm, friendly, caring, learning environment, Our Junior School commitment is to:
- Provide a warm friendly, caring learning environment.
- Encourage all of our children to be active in the learning process.
- Nurture in them a strong, positive sense of self-worth.
- Provide them with experiences where they work as part of a group.
- Encourage and support the development of their social and learning skills.
- Foster their curiosity and expression through exploration of the creative arts.
- Promote rich language use and its associated skills, concept formation and problem solving.
The junior School offers the same caring environment from the transitional Class I through to Class 5 levels as students develop the emotional maturity, developmental skills and confidence to take on more structured programmes. While the advancement from Junior School level is acknowledged through a change of teachers and more formal learning structures, students are able to work in multi aged groupings in key learning areas.